AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do I need to upgrade my signal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 10/7/2013 15:30 (#3371165 - in reply to #3371156)
Subject: Re: Do I need to upgrade my signal

roaming
WAAS could definitely be part of your issue, as it has inherent accuracy limitations. EZ-Steer can also contribute, as any play/wear in your steering mechanism is going to contribute to reduced performance. Plus the foam wheel can slip on the steering wheel, the update rate is slower, you only have 2-axis terrain compensation, etc. The two together are not really a good combination for corn planting.

Getting a more accurate correction signal is generally a 2-part process:
1. purchase an unlock code for the receiver inside your FM-750. These codes are $2000 each. You would need one to go to the next level of correction (OmniSTAR) and a second code to go all the way to RTK, which is the highest level of accuracy available.
2. access the new correction. If it is a subscription signal like OmniSTAR XP or RTX, you'll call a number, pay for a subscription, and they'll activate your subscription over the air. If the new correction is RTK, there are various ways to obtain a signal, including broadcasting your own, and you'll have to investigate what is available in your area.

For a general overview of the corrections that are available in the FM-750, look here: http://www.trimble.com/agriculture/CorrectionServices/

I would suggest that you get together with your local Case IH dealer and let him know you're interested in better accuracy from your system. He can walk you through the specifics of the various correction sources, and can also talk about higher-performance steering systems (EZ-Pilot and Autopilot, or AccuGuide if you plant with a Case IH tractor). He can also help you figure out which (the signal or the system) is likely the bigger cause of your problem.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)