AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Moving an Ag Leader yield system from a 9410 to a 9560
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 9/28/2013 19:35 (#3353990 - in reply to #3336022)
Subject: Re: Moving an Ag Leader yield system from a 9410 to a 9560

Missouri
We got most of it installed today. I managed to trim the necessary parts list further, and only had to modify one cable.

I found a 22 foot power cable with display, guidance, and high current power in my box of leftover cabling. We ran that one up from the battery, and where it went past the elevator, I broke out the H.C. power line, shortened it to the proper length, wrapped the broke out portion of the cable in new wire loom, and put the appropriate weatherpack end on it to plug into the EMU cabling. The line is still fused 30amps at the battery, and 5 amps at the EMU, just like OEM cabling.

Ground speed and elevator speed cables were long enough to reach without modification.

The header position cable was ordered new, and still awaiting delivery. I could have fabricated this cable, but I cannot duplicate the tee joint with the same level of quality as the ultrasonic welds on factory cables. I don't remember the price, but I recall considering this particular cable a bargain.

We made the shorter 9x10 CANbus cable work. I split out the doubled up section for extra length, and drilled through the grain tank sidewall to reach the top of the elevator, rather than going all the way back to the front to go through the window. Proper CANbus wiring standards were followed, the line still begins at the display, and is properly terminated at the end of the CANbus line, which is still the flow sensor.

At this point, we're just awaiting a few parts. The new header cable, rebuilt flow sensor, flow sensor install kit, G* moisture sensor cover plate, and EMU mount plate. We saved over $600, and were able to complete about 80% of the installation labor before the ordered parts have even arrived. I can't fairly declare the project a success until it runs, but it's looking pretty good right now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)