AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

vintage yeild mapping on 9650sts with old brown box
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KevinM
Posted 9/25/2013 20:07 (#3348681 - in reply to #3348359)
Subject: RE: vintage yeild mapping on 9650sts with old brown box

SE IL

farmerdylan - 9/25/2013 15:28 I just bought a 9650sts with the brown box and i would like to get some printable yield maps for my crop insurance agent this year. First off i am new to this and not sure what i need. With my research i need a mobile processor that piggybacks to my brown box and a receiver my uncle has a starfire itc i can use if it will work with what i need some dealers say i need a keycard with harvest doc some say i don't. I know i will need a data card and some type of software on the computer along with some adaptors i think apex for 700 bucks sounds like a ripoff i read i can use farmworks viewer or a sms basic. What else do i need like i said i am totally new to this i have been reading here on newagtalk for a week now and calling dealers trying to find a cheap mobile processor. I know i probably need to buy a new display but cant afford it and Dad thinks this stuff is all to complicated and stupid and i know that i will never get that took me 5 years to get me a ezguide 250 that dad loves in sprayer. I would like to try to get this setup for this harvest if i can Thanks in advance I trust you guys more about what i need Dylan

It depends. Is the moisture meter on the side of the clean grain elevator or in the hopper? I'm pretty sure the 60 series was in the hopper and you have to have the harvest doc keycard for that. the elevator mount can go either way I think (been a while). Is there a processor on the right behind the seat? If so you just need a receiver. The itc will work fine. You will need a data card. It requires a PCMCIA card (very hard to find) or an adapter to a compact flash card (easier to find). I'm not sure how big of a card you can use but I know I used to use some 250 KB cf cards. I wouldn't count on the maps being all that good the first season out-there is a learning curve. Unless you know someone that can offer some coaching. Good luck-it is worth the hassle-though I wonder some days. ;

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)