AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Versa, Direct Command, Manure tank
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

litle80
Posted 9/25/2013 06:21 (#3347533)
Subject: Ag Leader Versa, Direct Command, Manure tank

Bancroft IA
Have an Ag Leader Versa controlling manure application flow control with a Direct Command liquid product control module with the valve boost box and a bang bang hydraulic/electric shuttle valve. This system has been installed and working for about 7 years. Setting on the Versa tells the system to close "servo" valve when master switch goes to the off position. When I was testing it the other day after some other repairs everything was working fine. Customer went to the field the following day and the gate valve closes very slow when the system says to close - weather it be trying to slow down the rate or when he shuts the master switch off. There is a two pin connector that comes out of the Liquid Control module off of pins 2 and 7. It looks like what be a trailer light plug only two pins. It is meant to switch polarity and go from +12V to -12V when the system needs to change from an open command to a close command. At this connector, and even at pins 2 & 7, I only get 3V for a close command when I shut the master switch off. When I turn the master switch on, I get 12V. If I put the Versa in manual mode and hit the increase/decrease button on the screen, I only get 3V on both the increase and decrease. I have 12V on the red can wire and 2.5V on both the green and yellow can wire. I have tried a different Liquid Module, stung in a complete new wiring harness from the display all the way to the module and I get the exact same thing as far as voltage signals. Fuses are both good down near the battery.
Ag Leader since it is a wiring issue but I have run a complete new set to rule that out. I wish there was some way to interpret a CAN signal to determine if the module was receiving the correct commands.
I am only presuming i am supposed to get 12V at the 2 pin connector mentioned above since a sprayer servo valve operates in the 12V world. Can someone check their Direct Command system and see if they have 12V at this connector?
Any other suggestions or things I might be overlooking?

TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)