AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lost a section of land this week,
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Maizeing
Posted 9/22/2013 15:14 (#3342648 - in reply to #3342543)
Subject: Re: Lost a section of land this week,

Ontario's middle east
That is not foolish IMO. Hindsight is a great thing, you didn't know then that the LL wasn't on a fishing trip to see if you would pay more. You have to have principles and do things that work. You don't need a rep in the neighbourhood where your LL all know they just have to ask and they will receive.
I almost walked on one last spring, our worst piece of ground. The guy wanted more, I stood my ground and suggested a couple young guys that might want it. He emailed me back all apologetic, he didn't want anybody else farming it, we could just carry on. This was 60 acres and would have made no significant difference to our operation, I have enough other irons in the fire I really didn't care. That's a big difference between needing those acres for equipment payments i know but, the Point is don't underestimate the value of looking after your landlords. If you are there with a loader cleaning up brush, move that bit of topsoil to the flower bed, trim the tree, fill the pothole, whatever. You won't remember the 10 minutes....they will.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)