AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight to Interga?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/22/2013 05:54 (#3341771 - in reply to #3340999)
Subject: Re: Insight to Interga?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yes, swapping around should be no problem except in certain combinations where steering is involved. Even then there may not be a problem.

I have two Insights and now an Integra in a new tractor. I will have a slight "problem" next year as the planting will be done with an Integra because the Integra is needed in the planter tractor for steering and advanced seed tube monitoring. If I move the Integra to the combine which up to this point has had an Insight in it, the harvesting will be fine and I will have the variety reference maps in the background.

The problem is that during the time the Integra is in the combine rather than an Insight, the Integra will not be available for steering in that tractor. If I continue to use an Insight in the combine I would not have the variety reference maps available onscreen but of course steering would still be available on the tractor. It is not possible to temporarily load the variety reference maps into the Insight which is possible but would be unnecessary with the Integra in my situation.

I will have no problem this year as the corn planting was done with an Insight which will be in the combine so those reference maps will be available onscreen. The soybean planting was done with a planter without an Ag Leader involved at that time so no onscreen reference maps are available at all.

At this point for next year, I'm thinking that I will probably leave the Integra in the planting tractor so assisted steering is available, an Insight in the combine and use a paper reference map as I have done in the distant past. Some might suggest dumping the Insights and getting anIntegra or Versa to allow more combinations. This wouldn't work out the best as another tractor has Trimble's autopilot which uses an unlocked Insight for its steering.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)