AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Moving an Ag Leader yield system from a 9410 to a 9560
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 9/19/2013 21:41 (#3338076 - in reply to #3337866)
Subject: RE: Moving an Ag Leader yield system from a 9410 to a 9560

Missouri
premiertech - 9/19/2013 19:43
Please do not extend or modify older cables. It is worth the money to start with all new ones. All you are doing is introducing more possibilities for problems. It may seem easier and better to modify, but trust me its really not worth it.

I'm ordering a new, proper length CANbus cable. I think touching that one is asking for trouble. The rest of them are too simple to replace. I'm not a hack crimping butt connectors on with a vise grips, if that's what you thought I was suggesting. I'm properly equipped to build these kind of cables from scratch when necessary (sometimes it's the only fix faster than next day air). I will need to make a header position cable from scratch, and will need to extend the elevator speed and ground speed cables. EMU power cabling will reach (battery is right beside elevator on this particular machine).

I do appreciate your input and thank you for your concern, but any cables I fabricate or extend will be done so with a quality level equal to that of the OEM cables.

premiertech - 9/19/2013 19:43
You will need an EMU installation kit, a new backplate to fit the 60 series combine, and most likely a new electrical cover.

I've ordered the back plate and the 9x60 electrical cover. I'm just apprehensive about the EMU fitting the back plate. The other day I held the 9x10 backplate up alongside an installed EMU on a different 9560, and I thought it looked like the EMU was also different, and would not fit the back plate. I'm hoping I looked at it wrong.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)