AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7120 Combine Header Tilt
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

WeaveFarmer
Posted 9/19/2013 17:41 (#3337434)
Subject: 7120 Combine Header Tilt

Boone Co. Iowa
Hi,

Combine head will tilt, but it does NOT give a number to let me know how many degrees + or - it is, or when it is reading level.

I get a symbol that pops up that shows head tilting, but no indication of "where it's at."

We updated some software to make the rotary brush work in the air cleaner over the summer, and when it came back from Case, the head would go up, but not down. Had tech come out and work on it, said that some numbers had been reset to zero (apparently due to software upgrade???). Anyway, he went in and changed some things and got head to go down AND up. Much more useful than it was. :)

Anyway, we've changed tilt potentionometer (have to learn how to spell that), to no avail. Wonder if anyone has suggestions for me to try next?

Btw, get an warming that Right Header Height / Tilt Sensor (E-0019-03) Shorted to high source that comes on each time I start combine. Then, I can put it to "diagnose" and then set bean head on the ground and get a few flickers on the voltage (i.e. seems to be working correctly), then that "warning" goes away.

Love this combine when it works, but electronics are a PITA! :)

Thanks for any suggestions.

PS Basically no rain here since mid/late June; maybe a total of an inch since then? Gotten maybe 2.5 inches in past 3-4 days, and raining right now! :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)