AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pro 600 Variety Tracking
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mvisto
Posted 9/18/2013 23:05 (#3336222 - in reply to #3335236)
Subject: RE: Pro 600 Variety Tracking

Southeast ND
Last year, I was experiencing the same problem with split variety harvesting of 6 & 6 on a 12 row 30 planter. I worked out several smaller grid examples. The smaller grid makes creating the variety map take a long time to process. A 5 ft grid would take something like 20 minutes per quarter section in Farmworks.

Reducing the grid produces a much better variety map for the monitor, but a 5 ft grid for a quarter section could not be loaded into the Pro600 because the monitor complained that the file size was too large, about 200-250K. I ended up using 7.5 ft grids.

Maybe the Pro600 is hindered by the memory or other hardware but the Pro700 should allow larger file sizes so that these smaller grid sizes can be used. Once the variety map was loaded, the monitor utilized the smaller grid sizes just fine.

The desktop software should also be modified to rotate the grid to better align with the primary direction of travel. My problem was that the grid ends up at a slight angle to the direction of travel so that half way down the field, the variety map jumps to the variety beside the one i am harvesting. Again the smaller grid size helps immensely, but then you run into the monitor limitation.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)