AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

yield sense
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

premiertech
Posted 9/18/2013 21:41 (#3335969 - in reply to #3335161)
Subject: Re: yield sense

Alden and Osage, IA
wolfwood00 - 9/18/2013 13:04

agleaders impact plate is no where near the paddles on the chain.  The grain gets thrown off the paddles 8-10 inches away from the impact plate on the front top corner of the clean grain elevator on agleaders system.  Precisions YieldSense uses centrifigal force to measure flow as the grain moves arount the top back corner of the clean grain elevator.

If the design of the paddle is changed, or if they are different dimensions than an OEM paddle, then the trajectory of the grain will be different as it approaches the Ag Leader impact plate. If the trajectory is different, then I would guess that the grain will not be hitting the flow sensor in the way that Ag Leader designed it, thus causing skewed data. I have no experience with YieldSense, but I find it hard to believe that the mass of grain and its trajectory will not be affected by first hitting the PP flow sensor before it goes to the JD or Ag Leader flow sensor.

The picture you attached is not a picture of an Ag Leader flow sensor. It is a JD OEM flow sensor from a 50/60/70 series combine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)