AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD2600 display with original greenstar harness ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

gpm
Posted 9/17/2013 19:26 (#3333687 - in reply to #3332906)
Subject: Re: JD2600 display with original greenstar harness ?

NW Ohio
The seeder is a 2005 JD1890 with Seedstar 1 harness designed for the original brown box controller. I have it hooked to the JD2600 controller. There is no height sensor on the drill through this ISO harness. There is a whisker switch added on the seeder and connected to the "Implement Switch" 2 pin weather pack connector of the harness. The harness is an Ag Express harness ordered through JD dealer. This harness works properly and has no problems controlling our JD1770 planter with seedstar xp. I drilled beans this spring without using the whisker switch, so I know the seedstar 1 harness works. I think the only thing through the seeder harness are population readings. There is a separate control box for the half width disconnect and electric rate control functions of the seeder. I know that the implement switch works properly when the seedstar 1 harness is not plugged in. I viewed the diagnostic page for "recording". As the whisker switch was tripped, I watched the display change from "inactive" to "active" and the red circle got filled in for recording (without the seeder harness plugged it). I know the whisker switch is good and functions properly. Each system (seedstar 1 harness and whisker switch) functions properly on their own. There has to be a setting to allow them to work together. I have tried it while sitting stationary, with the tractor moving at different speeds, and with the tractor being controlled by autotrac.

I don't remember seeing anything about the drill or blockage monitor. But then again, I have to go into the original greenstar brown box icon to get the population readings for the seeder. Is there a setting that needs done through the brown box icon?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)