AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

View files from ag leader insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/17/2013 05:34 (#3332535 - in reply to #3332037)
Subject: RE: View files from ag leader insight

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
ISACC - 9/16/2013 19:53

Harvested one field of soybeans and exported files to memory card then tried to open on computer but can't open .ilf files without ag leader's sms software. Is there anyway possible to open them without spending $750 to purchase the software? The manual says you can create a smart report in pdf files but couldn't do it. Called tech support and was told that can't be done on Insight although I read it in the Insight manual.

What Ag Leader told you is true. You cannot make any Smart Reports in the .pdf format with the Insight. With an Integra you can but this is only for Application situations. You would not be able to "see" a yield map as a Smart Report even with the Integra.

Other software is needed. As others have said you have some choices. Ag Leader's SMS is fully functional free for a period of time. Their idea is that after you see it, you will be willing to pay for it. After the time has passed it still works in a "crippled" sense. It can still give you Summary type reports but you would lose the ability to work with yield maps unless you buy the unlock.

Some areas have map service centers that will make your maps for a charge. Some seed dealers may make the maps for you also. A neighbor might be willing to help you out as well. I used to use a fully functional version of SMS but now "pay" someone else for the maps as I don't do the detailed analysis that I probably should.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)