AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Paradyme and integra in a 8360r
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

swenzel
Posted 9/14/2013 10:16 (#3327340 - in reply to #3321143)
Subject: Re: Paradyme and integra in a 8360r

NW IL
I tried last spring to wire in a foot switch in a JD 8285R with Integra/ParaDyme and failed miserably.

I thought I could tap into the wires connected to the momentary switch in the JD armrest. Best I could tell the JD switch is "normally closed". If it was "normally open" it would have been easy to simply complete the circuit with the foot switch. The switch itself if used for 2 functions (autosteer engage and something else....). There are I think 6 wires connected to it. Since it is a can bus system, I was a little afraid to hack into the 2 wires (normally closed) and run them through the foot switch. For all I know they are not even the correct wires to hack into.....

As far as the overall perforamance of ISO steering JD R /Integra/ParaDyme I was very pleased. Again I was a little afraid to start hacking wires on a system that was working perfectly fine. That and we were going to start planting in about 2 hours when I was playing with the wires in the armrest.....

Maybe someone else has been successful in connecting foot switch to JD ISO Ag Leader Integra/Paradyme steering system.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)