AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lanair used (waste) oil heater
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

durallymax
Posted 9/12/2013 12:23 (#3323738 - in reply to #3323703)
Subject: RE: Lanair used (waste) oil heater

Wi

red mechanic - 9/12/2013 10:58 ive had a lanair for 4 seasons. I really like the heat it makes. I clean mine once in the summer and clean the oil screen once during the season. Ive called Lanair several times if I had problems and they are top notch on service help. Yes you have to keep your oil clean and your burner but you are burning used oil so if you cant handle that call the LP truck

Lanair's service has been top notch. You get a guy on the phone who actually knows the machines inside an out, at least everytime I've called they have always had the right answers in the right order. Unlike a lot of places, they generally talk you out of just buying parts and send you through all of the other checks before reccommending what parts to start replacing.

a4t-1600 - 9/12/2013 08:20 I sell my used oil now.There are places that buy it to mix in with highway asphalt .I have had about evry waste oil heater made and they all have issues.We filtered the oil and ensure it was as clean as possible as well as kept away from any water and you still have issues at times.To top that off most of these heaters are heavy polluters and I believe have health risks

If you are using one of the styles we are all referring to it should burn very clean unless it is not setup properly. You barely see any emissions. Far less than any wood stove.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)