AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Making planting maps in SMS??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/11/2013 05:18 (#3321135 - in reply to #3320930)
Subject: Re: Making planting maps in SMS??

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
cyclones30 - 9/10/2013 21:40

I wouldn't hold my breath then. Back to what we'd mentioned before about making your own I'd say unfortunately.

Unfortunately I agree. The Insight is setup so that when you copy files to a memory device (Compact Flash card), the files are marked for deletion in 30 days. If during that time frame the card is lost, destroyed or is for some reason not usable, you still have a chance of recopying those files again. After the 30 days they are gone.

My advice is to NOT copy your files to the card unless you plan on working with them "right away" on the computer. As stated above this would give you the 30 days in which to try again if not successful. I'm not saying you need to do a complete analysis of everything you might want to do on the computer but at least verify that the data appears alive and well by looking at the maps within the 30 days. If this is not convenient then leaving the files on the display is safer.

The maps that you see on the Insight itself are sort of "snapshots" of how the field looked when you finished planting. These snapshots used GPS data but do not contain the actual GPS point by point data that is needed to make the variety map on the computer. The maps on the computer use the point by point data to recreate the maps and are not copies of the snapshot on the display although they will look similar because they came from the same data. This is why the maps on the computer can be manipulated in many more complex ways than those on the display. The summary is separate and is apparently healthy in your case.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)