AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

20/20 yield monitor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Cattrack765
Posted 9/10/2013 23:43 (#3321029 - in reply to #3320802)
Subject: Re: 20/20 yield monitor

"The goal is not to have the field total weight match your scale tickets like all other systems, it is get a more accurate pic of the true variability of a field" (like all other systems)Where do people get some of this stuff? I have heard as along as I remember to calibrate my yield monitor at variable crop loads with at least 4 and preferably 6 to gain the most accurate yield readings at high yields and low yield areas. I have been preached at to not load a truck and calibrate your monitor or you won't be happy. It just goes to show you how brainwashing works. Granted, the new kid on the block may have a slightly newer mousetrap, but that is not to say that the old one doesn't catch as many or more mice. I like the fact that the elevator chain is made of a cupped harder (less flexible) material. But the concept of sensing the weight is not a new one.

"It's been said current systems under report in extremely high yields and over report in low yields, but field averages are near perfect when calibrated properly" has this been said by independant people or people at farm shows with maybe a slight bias? I run a current system, if my system under reports extremenely high yields then I must have some outstanding high yielding areas, because i have seen some very nice numbers. When I check my calibrations with my grain cart, i am always within a few pounds though. So something is not adding up?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)