AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Will JD 2630 o 2600 display and antenna work on other brands of equipment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Dennis SEND
Posted 9/7/2013 23:41 (#3314679 - in reply to #3314647)
Subject: Re: Will JD 2630 o 2600 display and antenna work on other brands of equipment

DidSomeoneSayDonuts - 9/7/2013 23:17

I'm using a 2630 and 3000 receiver in a '13 Steiger now. Deere has a conversion kit that is required, and it takes several hours (and a high degree of swearing proficiency) to install. The conversion kit uses the existing wiring extensively, but there are several adapter cables that you plug in, and you've gotta move some pins around on a great big deutsh (sp?) harness under the buddy seat (that's the hardest part of the whole thing). The performance is overall adequate, but it leaves something to be desired. The 2630 doesn't recognize hydraulic functions of the ehr's, but it does "see" three point movement for recording initiation. The auto-guidance is constantly wandering, also. We've had this same setup on two different Steigers, and we just can't seem to get the wiggle out of it. No amount of settings tinkering works :( it's just something inherent to the system imho.

+1 I have Deere autotrac in a 2012 450 Quad and have the exact same feeling as you stated, It is adequate but not great, personally I think the wandering comes from the time lag of the deere controller, controlling the Raven steering valve, in my opnion what Deere needed to do as part of the auto trac for steiger tractors is replace the raven steering valve with the same thing Deere uses in there tractors couldn't possibly be that hard to mount a valve and run some hyd hoses to it can it, speaking for myself only hear but to me it wouldn't matter if the "kit" cost another 2K so I could a good steering valve, I mean I already spent 300+ on the tractor, have 20+ into deere auto steer stuff what is another couple grand if it is going to actually work almost perfect just like a Deere system does
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)