AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

jd rtk implement guide
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

LLF
Posted 9/4/2013 22:58 (#3308572 - in reply to #3302939)
Subject: Re: jd rtk implement guide

SW Michigan
Active Implement Guidance worked well for us this spring for seed corn. I ran it on our 8410T pulling a 16-row 1770NT with an old Navigator hitch. It's amazing how much a drawn planter moves around even on relatively flat ground. This year, all of the trips across the field after the first planter pass (planting male, sidedress) were done on autopilot 99% of the time, without playing with the a-b line shift. In previous years, it was more like 30%. It does work as advertised and truly makes for precision planting.

In our case, we needed to install the AIG controller on the tractor, a second 3000 globe on the planter, a position sensor on the Navigator, and the usual cables and adapters required to plug everything in. The position sensor is optional, but needed if you want the hitch to return to center when you disengage the autopilot. The Navigator's brains were gutted, and the hydraulic ram plugs into an SCV port directly. A little less than $10k if I remember right. As mentioned above, the second receiver shares RTK with the one on the machine, so a second activation isn't required.

Basically, the AIG controller takes over the SCV (either 1 or 3). When you click to the continuous detent, that SCV goes into automatic mode. Then when you hit the resume button the controller activates and the hitch does what it needs to do to keep the implement following the tractor's tracks. Turn the wheel at the end of the pass and the hitch centers up.

Our marker arms push the planter over about 2". When I was testing things out, it was following the same opener marks on back to back passes - once with the arms up and once down. You'll have no problem hitting the fertilizer strips.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)