AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

simple, cheap hydraulic drive controller?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Adrian
Posted 9/4/2013 06:09 (#3306602 - in reply to #3299597)
Subject: RE: simple, cheap hydraulic drive controller?

South Georgia
Agree with the previous poster who said check out Micro Trak. If you don't currently have a controller to use, you can generally buy a Micro Trak console and harness for what you can get just a console for, from any other brand. I haven't used their granular controller, but they offer one with 'servo' output or 'PWM' output. I made a hydraulic drive for my planters a year ago and drove it to plant 150 acres of fall corn with a Micro Trak SprayMate Plus, and it worked perfectly. The math was a little difficult since the controller wasn't specifically designed with dry application in mind, but once I had the math figured out it worked perfectly.

Call Phil Jensen in Newton, Ill. He can fix you up.

I'd prefer PWM, which is what I used on my planters. They don't offer a PWM valve, but Northern Tool does. Hydraulic motors are readily available from Surplus Center. I tried a rotary encoder from Automationdirect.com, but even though it sounded like it should hold up to my conditions, it failed quickly due to water getting inside. I'm now using one from Trimble. I'd suggest a Dickey John encoder, because they are the most common from my research.

Go for it, it's not that expensive or complicated.

Adrian
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)