AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader/DMC moisture sensor replacement?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

premiertech
Posted 9/2/2013 20:49 (#3304204 - in reply to #3303984)
Subject: Re: Agleader/DMC moisture sensor replacement?

Alden and Osage, IA
golfnut - 9/2/2013 18:44

There is supposed to be a copper tab soldered onto the copper dot that is behind the long metal piece. I believe that is the part the reads temperature.  Those are the same sensors we use on our DMC Calc-u-dri grain dryers and depending on where they are placed the sometimes get replace every few years. They are rebuildable too.  It looks like your problems were because your monitor was not getting a temperature reading for the grain.

That is not entirely correct. Ag Leader does not solder a tab to the brass dot. The copper dot is the temperature probe. Since Ag Leader developed the EMU, moisture sensor failures have been reduced. When they were originally installed on the bubble up auger in the grain tank, the force and volume of moving grain wore them out much faster.

From the looks of your pictures, it appears there is nothing physically wrong with your moisture sensor. A new sensor would be $450. I would not necessarily buy a new one. I would do a temperature calibration before starting harvest, then make sure to get a couple quality moisture calibrations done after you start harvest.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)