AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Precision training for operators
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

SkoalWrangler
Posted 9/2/2013 11:54 (#3303265 - in reply to #3302106)
Subject: Re: Precision training for operators

I agree with newag1 it kind of is a loaded question and a lot of times my experence has been that it is operator error, not all the time and sales men do over sell products a lot of the time. I had a customer the other day that had a pretty good qoute. He said that when he was a boy he had to wait for a man to come and start his tractor (he was not strong enough to turn the crank on the front and I'm guessing him in his mid to late 70's), and now as a man when the GPS goes down he has to wait on a kid to get his tractor running. He said he came to the conclusion that being comuter illiterate in 2013 is like not being able to read in 1960. You are choosing to limit your self and what you can acomplish in life.

I feel bad for guys that really have problems with the equipment and it does not work as it was advertised, but at the end of the day you are the business owner and you have to make the final decision. We spend all kinds of money on education and consultants to help our business from seed to chemical to money and etc., however when it comes to percision ag most guys still look at it as a guidence or flow and app control product and do not look at it as a major factor in there operation.

I dont know about you but I dont trust the government to do any thing right other then run the millitary, so if its me, I would rather educate myself and hire a percision farming adviser (not trust a one brand salesmen), and let him help me until I'm educated enough that when I make the purchase I know what I need to know to feel confident in my decision.

As far as the service end that can be a total wild card, but at the same time if you can rebuild an engine on your tractor you can install and fix a guidence system you just need to spend some time and money on education.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)