AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Programming "swath width" into Ag Leader Integra
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

4WD
Posted 9/2/2013 10:54 (#3303139 - in reply to #3302814)
Subject: Re: Programming "swath width" into Ag Leader Integra

Between Omaha and Des Moines, 7 miles South of I80

Kelly - 9/2/2013 07:27 If you are spraying a lot of corn postemergence and feel like you have to follow the rows instead of going across them, setup your sprayer to spray 3 planter passes. That way, you are always driving in the middle of a planter swath. If you setup to spray 2 planter swaths, you are driving on the split (guess row) between the planter swaths.

I have enough boom, that when I begin the inside of a field(by a waterway) I can leave my "wings/extensions" down on the first pass(take 2 1/2 planter passes) and then that will put me in the center of my next, return pass (little wings/extensions up) . = [1/2 planter pass; full pass; 1/2 planter wide] = Will be driving right over planter marker trench, too, for rest of that field, just doing only the width of a 2 planter passes + I will be driving on same tire tracks as the planter tractor (compaction wise)

I know I could leave the extensions down, constantly, (take 20 rows) and I would just barely miss the guess rows, on each pass, BUT I am making more tire tracks and compaction, too, thru out the field, and I worry more about boom dropping and hitting ground or fence at that constant additional lenght.  I fine with a little shorter sprayer, and not mess with guess rows and fences(lifting boom) too much, in those trianglar-shaped fields.
In Trianglar fields, we start at the "wide end" and finish at the pointy end, SO every turn, on endrow area = it gets a little tighter, for the boom to swing and "miss" any obstruction(fences, telephone poles, terraces, trees, etc.)  

With using a wider swath, for endrows only, that should let me shutoff the sprayer(if in a rectanglar field) WHEN the rear tractor tire just touches the first endrow(#16). I hope this will allow me to only drive "into the endrows" about 4 rows, or so, with rear tires and pivot/turn.

Note: only one rectanglar field, on whole farm (46 acres = nice,easy field

Here are just some field sizes; 1,4,5,7,13,15,19,25,35,46,52,62 acres; most all have waterways and half have terraces. (62 is the biggest of 3 farms areas, All ground is HEL)    

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)