AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Programming "swath width" into Ag Leader Integra
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

4WD
Posted 9/1/2013 23:48 (#3302632 - in reply to #3302396)
Subject: Re: Programming "swath width" into Ag Leader Integra

Between Omaha and Des Moines, 7 miles South of I80

Thanks everyone, for your replies.

Ty, I'm already worried about keeping the ends of the booms, from hitting the ground or terraces; so going out to 24 rows isn't going to happen. Heck, I've seen Dad's old 45 foot pull-type sprayer booms hit the ground, if you hit those darn badger holes or dirt mounds (wheel tread at 76-78"). If we get big downpours/thunderstorms, in the Spring, then washouts, can also bang/tilt the boom around a lot, too.

Hopefully, with duals on and 3 pt sprayer, then this is much less likely to happen. (Duals; at least for burndown and first pass right after planter; been running duals on planter last two years, anyways) Note: This sprayer has 8" wheels, right at break-away joint = will only have one sprayer tip beyond that point IF I stay with "two planter pass width" inside the field's headlands.(flip up my wings

I may run "full boom" during burndown, but there is an advantage to only running a "two planter pass width" when dealing with fences and lots of terraces, (16 rows is typical headland width) Only trying to make one sprayer pass around each field, because any additional "tracks" going up or down hills, is just a area for water to run, during thunderstorms. You see it with custom sprayer tracks, often. I want to stay on the contour, as much as possible. 

I shouldn't have to raise the booms, hydraulically, when I can turn(turn around) before I get halfway into the headlands, to miss terraces and fences.

Maybe I should consider the 19" spacing.     

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)