AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Programming "swath width" into Ag Leader Integra
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 9/1/2013 17:59 (#3301971 - in reply to #3301939)
Subject: Re: Programming "swath width" into Ag Leader Integra

Morris, IL
My first question is does the sprayer have 36 or 37 nozzles? I know our 45' hardi has 45' of nozzles. Then again typical big sprayer will have 15" spacing with one extra nozzle. They do that so they can run drops i believe.

One thing i would say, in crop you should be able to set sprayer to 60', then you should be able to find the correct row and go. You don't want it to tell you to drive on the row. If your no-till/ strip till or something where you can see last years row when doing burndown i'd do the same thing. If your conventional tillage and you spray before planting i don't know and i'll let others say what you should run. I'd say you could run 59' if you good at following that line. Keep in mind if you can spray post planting you can follow rows as well.

You could run some half rate nozzles on the end, then just turn them off for post emerge.

One thing, if you rebuilding the nozzle spacing anyway, i'd spend the extra for 15" spacing. With 15" you almost overlap 100% so if one plugs you have no skip. You could either keep it at 48 nozzles or 49, or 50 with half rate on ends.

Edited by NEILFarmer 9/1/2013 18:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)