AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Programming "swath width" into Ag Leader Integra
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

4WD
Posted 9/1/2013 17:40 (#3301939)
Subject: Programming "swath width" into Ag Leader Integra

Between Omaha and Des Moines, 7 miles South of I80

I am new to precision ag and going to drop custom spraying, on most ground.

This is using WASS for GPS signal. Just using lightbar for driving (no autosteer) on 3 point hitch 60 ft sprayer.(just using 60 ft as an example) 20" nozzle spacing.

How much "cushion" do you guys allow, for some sprayer overlap;During burndown, mostly. (Overlap needed for WASS signal, and my poor driving using lightbar, and our medium sized rolling hills)  

On a 60 foot sprayer (3 pt); would you program in 58 foot swath(allows 1 foot on each side) Or do you think more "cushion" is needed?

Thanks  

Anyone use some 1/2 rate nozzles, on the boom ends(exceeding your perfect swath width), so your chemical overlap/dose isn't so high, but yet if you swing too wide, driving, you at least get 1/2 rate on the ground/weeds? (currently, my math says I will have exactly 6" extra cushion, on each end of a perfect swath width; that's not good enough, so I'm thinking of the 1/2 rate nozzle idea) Note: Boom is already a little too wide, for two planter passes, so those nozzle bodys are already there, if needed. 

After burndown, I will be able to follow planter marker trench, or crop rows = then use that "perfect amount" of nozzles, with just 6" of overlap (of full spray volume), on each side.     

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)