AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Holland CR combine Intellicruise
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dachtym
Posted 8/31/2013 12:50 (#3299750 - in reply to #3296694)
Subject: Re: New Holland CR combine Intellicruise

Alberta, Canada
A couple years ago we demo'd a CR9090 Elevation that had IntelliCruise. I played around with it a bit and wasn't impressed with it (I couldn't get it to react quickly enough - it would take forever to speed up when it came into lighter parts of the field, and then almost stall itself when the crop got heavier). We were combining swathed wheat during the demo.

Since then I've heard other people say that it works much better while straight combining. Apparently the way it "predicts" how much crop is entering the machine is by sensing the load on the header (I believe it senses the tension in the belt that drives the header?). A pick-up header doesn't ever draw much power, so it isn't able to anticipate what is coming into the machine. With a straight cut header, it is able to detect heavier/lights parts of the field and adjust quicker.

Torn's suggestion of looking at the Combine Forum is a good one - there have been some discussions comparing the Deere/Claas/New Holland cruise control systems on there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)