AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Apparlently if i add field IQ to the CFX 750 it can run our air drill???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mdnelson86
Posted 8/29/2013 09:27 (#3295921 - in reply to #3295899)
Subject: Re: Apparlently if i add field IQ to the CFX 750 it can run our air drill???

Paxton, IL
I'm using field IQ to control sections on a planter and monitor seed. If you are using field IQ, it will log more things as part of the shape file (for instance, it logs applied population, date and time, elevation, speed, etc) However, there still isn't any option to label your varieties. I don't believe having field IQ gives you any more options for labeling that you have any control over. Everything I just mentioned it does on it's own.

I guess when you have field IQ, it adds another step to opening a field where you can input several "record keeping" items. (wind speed, temp, operator, field descriptions, etc) One of these items, down towards the bottom of the list, is "applied material" I tried using that category to label my varieties this year. However when I imported my data to SMS, none of those categories where anywhere to be found. I asked Ag Leader about it and they said none of that information is tied to any spatial data on the display. It's just a label for record keeping and reports. Therefor they can't import, and make a map out of it. Trimble told me basically the same thing. So I wouldn't try to use any of the "record keeping" categories for anything you want to be able to put on a map.

As far as using events, when you open up a field on the 750, you select grower, farm, field, and event. Normally I would call the event something like "bean planting". but if you're only using 1 variety per field, or not using section control you can create separate "events" for each variety. When you import your data into SMS, all you're varieties will be shown in the correct field under the "operation" level (like grain harvest, planting, etc) It would take a little bit of desk work with SMS to get them sorted out to where they really should be if you wanted (create a new planting operation in each field, then move all varieties to the "product" level under the planting operation)

I really wish Trimble would come out with a proper way to do this on the 750. I just bought a FMX/FM1000 for other purposes on the farm, but intend to use in on my planter next year for several reason, but a big one being the ability to log varieties properly.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)