AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HOLY COW, NEW DISPLAY AND WIRELESS DATA TRANSFER FROM AGLEADER AND AT 5:01 IM THE FIRST TO POST
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

magnumman
Posted 8/28/2013 09:19 (#3293932 - in reply to #3293199)
Subject: Re: HOLY COW, NEW DISPLAY AND WIRELESS DATA TRANSFER FROM AGLEADER AND AT 5:01 IM THE FIRST TO POST

NW Central Iowa (Fort Dodge)
I know the Ag Leader side to the story and ever since the Trimble/Ag Leader split customers have wanted a Ag Leader EZ Guide 250 "replacement" but the there where three potential problems:

The Compass does not have a built in GPS so you are going to have the cost of the display, GPS unit, and cables My guess its about $2400.

1. Being dealers would not make much money on the cheaper lightbars - but these sales may lead to upgrades!
2. USUALLY the people that buy these cheaper lightbar shouldn't own a lightbar to begin with so the dealer has to support these customers, in which the dealer only made a couple hundred dollars on to begin with and if the dealer has no service fees for support then there goes the profit out the window.
3. The people who bought these low cost units and have no idea how to make them function are going to call Tech Support and have them walk though everything, thus making the real problem calls take longer to answer.

Hopefully there are very very simple to run!
I'm not saying the display is junk, because most displays are very good from Ag Leader.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)