AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble 542 Base 24hr survey
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

TheHillbilly
Posted 8/27/2013 15:34 (#3292401 - in reply to #3292347)
Subject: RE: Trimble 542 Base 24hr survey

Great White North
You don't need to run 24hrs. I setup my network and was advised by Trimble that 8hrs works fine. And if I remember correctly at noon the survey would stop one file and start another, not sure if they still do that. So you would want to start in the afternoon and end in the morning.

On the survey, if you want to run a "24hr survey" you need to get your trimble dealer to do it for you most likely, unless its changed with the new bases. You need a passcode that will activate the survey proceedure, and you need a laptop with WinFlash to do this (that is the base configure software, if I remember right). Once you have done the survey you need to download the file onto your laptop and send the file to a website that will average all the data and give you the location that you can manually enter into the base. This was what I had to do on mine back in '08 or so. You would have to do this for every location you want a survey for. Not to sure if it will remember each automatically if you move between locations or if you would need to manually enter your data each move. The AutoBase function on my units will remember each location automatically but it doesn't do the long survey on those units just the fast one.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)