AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking at lower cost/used hydraulic steering options
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 8/26/2013 17:11 (#3290514)
Subject: Looking at lower cost/used hydraulic steering options

cropsey, il 61731
I have not been poking around with guidance much lately since I got to a 'good enough' point - mojo RTK with trimble valve to plant/apply manure, outback S/edrive for combining beans, cruizer or outback S for hagie sprayer. I have another edrive that's going in a steiger st350 project we have going. So you can my state of the art isn't really high. It appears that the edrive system works pretty good at slow speeds (combine speed), but I'm not sure about sprayer speeds. I had an outback valve on our planting tractor with the mojortk system and it was ok once on line, but with any speed it struggled getting back on line.

I made an attempt on the hagie with a raven steering wheel system (accuguide?) that just didn't get the job done. It's my understanding the Hagie is kind of a special case. I'm debating about finding another edrive and outback 'bang bang' valve and giving it a try, but at sprayer speeds (8 to 14mph) I have concerns I'll be less than happy with the system. Admittedly it's a bit of a luxury, but with used equipment coming down in price it seems worth it. Since I have not been paying that much attention lately - is there anything a notch better than the edrive available used? Any other proportioning valve systems besides trimble? Were any of the zynx systems any good? Other brands that didn't make the 'hit parade' that might still be good enough (I ask because I think there is a strong push towards OEM only systems and it narrows the aftermarket considerably).

thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)