AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

so God made a farmer (new verse)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

5250JB
Posted 8/25/2013 15:58 (#3288083 - in reply to #3287969)
Subject: Re: so God made a farmer (new verse)

Jerseyville,IL

I agree 200% pretty hard to take a lesson form a human like Hedge since the failure to deliver real product is the world most farmers
live with daily . I am pretty sure God trumps the Board of Trade every time.
If you had to deliver real product instead of money like CBOT . What happens when the material to fill contract can't be bought at any price.
They thought others off for there post's maybe Hedge needs a time out for having a bad attitude.
JB
Hayinhere - 8/25/2013 14:17

You brought God into this so I am going to contribute my .02c

I was scouting a dryland field of corn on friday that I didn't think had any chance of making a crop as recently as July 14.  Then rain came, the corn greened up and my 5 foot tall corn plants have ears with yellow corn 18 kernals around and 50 long.   It occurs to me that although I can do everything in my power to grow a crop and although I may feel entitled to harvest a crop since I did all of the work,  human efforts would produce nothing at all without something beyond our control.    It is only after our human efforts and our crop is consecrated by God with rain and sun and faith do we get to find out what He will provide to us.

THIS is why it is so OFFENSIVE to listen to USDA and others like you tell us what we are entitled to harvest and sell before we have even put a seed in the ground and ESPECIALLY before God has any say in the matter.  They are counting chickens before any have hatched and flagrently giving the finger to the Almighty when they count a crop and ignore whether God will provide for one or not.   This is what goes through my mind everytime I have read your posts and USDA reports. 

The fact is there is no crop until it is grown, harvested, and stored.  Soon we will find out what has been provided to each of us.  In the meantime could you please refrain from being so obtuse.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)