AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Guidance and mapping for lawncare.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

rocker
Posted 8/25/2013 01:48 (#3286960 - in reply to #3286330)
Subject: Re: Guidance and mapping for lawncare.

NE Alberta
I have used a Teejet Matrix 840 on a quad sprayer (140") but it did not work well for me. The problem was when I zoomed in large enough to enable me to use the screen for guidance, the vehicle icon was so large it obscured the view of my path. There was a couple of other program quirks that also made it more difficult when using an implement only 11.7 ft. wide. In addition, while the Matrix screen was fine in a tractor cab, outdoors in the sunlight it was not very visible (too reflective).
I also used Farmer GPS on the same quad and it worked MUCH better. It seemed to allow the adjustments to made it work for small implements, and I used a Motion CL900 tablet for a screen. The settings in the Motion tablet had to be tweeked but once that was done it was fine and the screen is useable outdoors in the sunlight (although not as good as a Panasonic CF-19 Toughbook). For lawncare I would think an outdoor visible screen would be a must.
I would suggest trying a system before buying to make sure that the unit has the adjustment capability to work properly with small implements, and that the screen is visible outdoors.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)