AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2014 Case Planters ISO?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 8/24/2013 22:08 (#3286749 - in reply to #3286322)
Subject: Re: 2014 Case Planters ISO?

roaming
KMech - 8/24/2013 17:34

I'm not familiar with the technical details of Case planters, so forgive me if my information is off...

You may need more than ISOBUS support on the planter side of things. At least, if you are wanting to do automatic section control. Automatic section/swath control, or automatic rate control, requires task controller support in the display software. Presently, this is lacking in Ag Leader's current version display firmware, and I am not certain if they are even working on it.

You're correct that Task Controller software would be required to run automatic section control and/or automatic rate control, if the Case IH planters were fully ISOBUS-compliant. Since they are not, proprietary software is required for all Case IH planter functions.

Where it gets really ugly is when the planter is ISOBUS-compliant for some functions and not for others (i.e. Deere). Hopefully Case IH won't follow this path if they ever take the 1200 planters into the ISOBUS world. Either go all the way, or not at all.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)