AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Touch screen displays
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

D6Joe
Posted 7/27/2013 11:23 (#3232148)
Subject: Touch screen displays

east central ND

So I have gotten in to some JD GPS equipment in the last 3 years.  Started with A new 3000 reciever and a used 1800 dispay for row finder/parallel tracking when spraying.  Added autotrac when I upgraded the planter/sprayer  tractor that came with an intergraded valve.  Added a 2nd system for tillage this year and put swath contol for the sprayer on the older unit - really liked it, saved some time and money.  Even tough I have spent alot of $$$ for what I have, I am pleased with the results. So when are the big manufacturers going to let us just buy an I Pad or something similar and load the programs and activation to it?  A new 2630 with no activations is $5 or $6 grand?  Thats alot for a touch screen monitor and a faster processer?  Most of the software is in the controllers or an unlock you pay extra for.  I like the used 1800 displays I have, would like to have touch screens, but not at the price needed to upgrade.  They must be making money hand over fist on this stuff.  Even my $80 garmin gps in the car has a touch screen.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)