AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Paradyme ISO
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

swenzel
Posted 7/25/2013 07:29 (#3228151 - in reply to #3227875)
Subject: RE: Paradyme ISO

NW IL
We installed one on an 8285R this spring. The set up and calibration was the must "plug and play" I have ever seen from Ag Leader. There is one cable (PN: 201-0509-01) that connects the Paradyme to the John Deere harness. It is the same place that the JD ITC and 3000 receivers plug into. I think (have to double check if you are interested.....if not I won't bother), cable (PN: 201-0509-01) has four wires in the harness: 2 wires supply power to the paradyme and 2 supply can bus signals. It is a very simple light harness. Also you have to run a Cat5 ethernet line from the Paradyme into your cab that connects to the display harness. So.....in total very simple install from a wiring perspective.

As far as performance was concerned it worked great for us. The Paradyme was unlocked for Glonass and we ran MyWayRTK for RTK correction. You have to run the calibration from the paradyme screen, but it is basically a "one click" calibration. "Drive between 2 and 5 mile and hour......" and the Integra/Paradyme calibrates itself. We never had to make any adjustments to the auto calibration.

There is an unlock required in the Paradyme (PN 4100676 available from Ag Leader) and also in the JD tractor (available from JD) to make everything work.

Since the Paradyme is now powered through the JD harness (and not the Ag Leader relay connected to the Integra), every time you shut tractor off and turn it back on, the Paradyme will reboot. Not a huge deal, however if you shut the tractor off to refill planter, be aware that you are also shutting off the Paradyme.

We also run a JD 8225R (non - iso) tractor with a different Paradyme (also Glonass + MyWayRTK) that has the SAMM module and huge wiring harness. Overall we are very pleased with this setup as well.......it's just a challenge to install all the wires and SAMM module and keep everything clean and neat. The new ISO install is incredibly easy relative to the previous method involving the SAMM module.

Note: make sure the JD command center in the 8R tractor has the latest software/firmware updates. I'm not a JD tech so I can't quote you the exact number of the firmware you need. Early in the spring, there were moments when the ParaDyme lost connection to the JD autosteer can bus. The Integra gave some critique error code. A simple reboot of the tractor and the problem went away. I called support and was informed that the software in my JD command center needed to be updated. Our tractor was build summer 2012 and we were running spring 2013. Somewhere in that time frame updates were issued from Deere for the command center. We only had to reboot the tractor 2 or 3 times this spring over 1200 acres the tractor ran over. It wasn't a huge deal, and should be resolved with the JD command center software updates.

One final note, if you have used Paradyme install pieces available, you can save yourself some money and order just cable PN: 201-0509-01. The generic roof brackets are the same from previous installs, and you can use a simple cat 5 ethernet line to connect to the display harness.

Overall we are very pleased with the new install of Paradyme with JD ISO 8R series tractors. If I missed any points or you have further questions feel free to post or email me as well.

Edit: I just noticed your original post asked about 8R"T". I assume the procedures are same for T and non-T but my experience is only with R

Edited by swenzel 7/27/2013 12:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)