AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best way to regulate oil flow?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Fingers77
Posted 7/24/2013 21:31 (#3227640 - in reply to #3226550)
Subject: Re: Best way to regulate oil flow?

We have two sprayers that run servos to control the hydraulics of the pump. One is a Hagie the other is a LoRal floater. One has a raven servo for the pump, the other has an old DJ can to control the pump. Our precision guy would say the servos are too slow to control product effectively vs the new servos. I am not so sure I agree.

When we set the Hagie up for FIQ we had already had it running on the older sprayer controls TAC. For that setup we control the pump manually with the Raven as you do. We have a servo valve inline to control products to the booms. This has worked well for years.

The LoRal is new to us this spring. Trimble has a direct connect kit for the Raven we have controlling this sprayer. All you need to do is unplug the raven controller and install the RSCM for FIQ. I tried it and had mixed results. Typical spring rushed like crazy. I screwed with it for an afternoon and could get it to spray, but I had a heck of a time getting it to agitate properly. I was able to control the hydraulic servo, but not to my liking. Was it my error? Probably. I don't know, and my precision guy was not able to help, it was too far into the spring and he was too busy.

I sent the $600 harness back. Next year I will install a servo inline to the booms so that both sprayers run the same. For simplicity's sake. The power harness for FIQ is only $200 or so, and I can make my own servo valve and flowmeter cables, plus I already have an extra servo valve. If you get it working let me know how you managed please, I would look at how I do things differently.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)