AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader auto steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Lightning
Posted 7/24/2013 11:02 (#3226766 - in reply to #3225908)
Subject: Re: Ag Leader auto steer

Clatonia, NE
I'm assuming this is the Edge with Ontrac 2. First, make sure that the Edge is on current firmware... if your dealer has been out recently, this shouldn't be an issue. Second, I need to know what kind of sprayer it's on and how fast you run and the terrain you're on. These systems should be able to run on flat ground. When you get rougher ground, it can have problems but you should be able to run it... just need to set it a little different. The systems I've worked with, the minimum motor output setting is always too high if you use the auto-cal. You generally want to be below 10. This is back in you're auto-steer setup menu. Generally, I will get this number set first (I've had to go all the way to 1 in one instance). You can generally get it steering pretty well with just adjusting this number. Then you can adjust the Steering response and the advanced settings. Sometimes setting those things is more of an art than a science! I usually lengthen the wheel base and increase the antenna height to help it over the terrain. Good luck!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)