AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forklift trailer rental?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Sodbustr
Posted 7/21/2013 22:11 (#3221965 - in reply to #3221385)
Subject: Re: Forklift trailer rental?

Western Iowa
I have several stories of completely totaled out trailers from stuff going thru the floor and being to heavy..... some I did myself and some were customers that I finally gave up arguing with and set it on there trailer.

My personal best totaled out was a dead 14,000 lb manlift. Brought it home from Minneapolis with a scissors lift and diesel air compressor on a 14K little GN trailer. I and a buddy got the sissors lift and compressor off but the lift was too big for me to lift. I got the bright idea to use my newly acquired REC boom truck and a 5K forklift to lift it off. We got it up about 6" above the fenders. Sat there for a minute looking at each other and I just started to swing it a bit and I found out the hard way there was only one cable clamp on the hook. The manlift only had about 3" of ground clearance and the tires were all on the ground.

Did I mention the trailer was only 6 months old??

Did I mention that it was not my trailer?

It was my buddies that was helping me unload. His mouth was just gapped open and he turned a funny color of gray.

I apologized and wrote him a check for what he paid for it... we laugh about it..... now
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)