AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cel phone tower any advice?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

brad c
Posted 7/13/2013 08:34 (#3205698 - in reply to #3205128)
Subject: Re: Cel phone tower any advice?

Carbondale, KS
Friend of ours has one and i would agree w/the others they are too low but from their perspective you have to start somewhere and it's just business. I can't remember who he has but they have been very good to work w/regarding respecting the property, its current use, and the owner. Now that he is about to retire he is VERY pleased to have the :).

I'm thinking the 750 range is about right for one company. If they get multiple renters then your compensation should go up.

A 30 yr deal is ok but escalators/inflation adjustments etc should be factored in or renegociated every 5 years. Who is to say we will even need towers 30 yrs from now.

Not sure you should have much say as a renter but if she trust you as a person for your input make sure you are looking out for her benefit. Taking farm ground, cutting it up w/access roads, wires to farm around etc are things that she at least needs to be aware of and compensated for due to the loss of productivity.

It's my experience they don't usually stop unless the place they are looking at satisfies their conditions.

If you need more specifics feel free to email.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)