AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ Guide Plus to Microtrak interface for ground speed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mackg
Posted 7/3/2013 06:59 (#3188266 - in reply to #3188226)
Subject: RE: EZ Guide Plus to Microtrak interface for ground speed

West Central Ohio
Ted, I picked up another cable which allowed me to hook up to a Kinze KPM 3 monitor and put in in place of the Microtrak interface cable. Everything works just fine on the Kinze monitor, so I too am starting to question whether the "radar cable for Microtrak" is functioning. When you say to "try setting the output on the EZ Guide to a low value to see if you get any type of speed at all on the SprayMateII" are you referring to the "Hz / MPH"? If so, I tried all available settings on the EZ Guide without any difference. Is there a way to tell via serial number or other means if the interface cable is really needed on the SprayMateII? The microtrak interface cable has a potted module in the line which I do not know what the function of that is. I guess my next step is to contact AgElectronics and see if they can provide a schematic for the microtrak radar cable and maybe I can ohm it out on the bench and check for continiuity (although that potted module may throw a kink into that plan). The SprayMate was never used with a radar gun. It was connected to the wheel sensors on the sprayer and that worked fine. As a side note, the Kinze worked even without the speed amplifier. What exactly is the intended purpopse of the speed amplifier? Thanks to your help, I feel like we're on the right path here!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)