AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 346 baler
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

haydog
Posted 6/22/2013 07:25 (#3167790 - in reply to #3138021)
Subject: Re: John Deere 346 baler

Wharton, TX
Hi everyone I'm new to this forum and to haymaking but I have had a 346 for the last 4 years. Gave up on it and went in hock for a NH575 and don't regret it. That being said, if I had more knowledge or a good JD repairman it might be a different story. I have replaced nearly everything on that machine and getting ready to replace the needle/knotter drive cam. I had it all good last summer, baled 160 in a row without problems, put it up for the winter. Last week got it out to test it, baled 4 then the knotter went continous and jammed up. I think the measuring wheel system gets hung and won't shut the knotter down after one cycle. When I first got it it made banana bales, mistied, jammed up, broke shear pins etc. It was just old and worn out. Bought it from some sheister who said it was field ready. It had mud in the main gearbox. So I began to fix things one by one. I also put the airbaler on it. It eats hay and makes nice bales, it's just unreliable. BUT, it's a toy compared to that 575. If you're a NH guy then stick with that, you won't get any benefit from JD in my opinion unless you have a resource to go to for repairs and advice.

Edited by haydog 6/22/2013 07:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)