AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ Guide 500 Boundary
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

arcticcatfarmer
Posted 6/13/2013 06:48 (#3153146 - in reply to #3152835)
Subject: RE: EZ Guide 500 Boundary

Tip of the Thumb of Michigan

You saw this one?  It records roughly the same a recording a boundary, but will give you guidance on the headlands

I love the headland pattern.  If you are going to do a second pass it will ezsteer around the inner circuits (I have autopilot on my planter tractor and it will steer on the first pass, which is why I love the headland pattern so much).  The ezsteer will steer around a decent curve too.   This is what I do.

(1) I go to the side of the field that I will set my a-b.  You can start it anywhere, but then I'm ready to hit all the other buttons right away.

(2) I get all lined up and then I start my headland and set my A as soon as it lined up with the side of the field (sometimes corners are not the best spot for an A).

(3) You will see an icon to pause headland.  If you desire you can pause the headland logging and when you resume it, it will draw a straight line back to where you pause it.  I do this right after my A and resume logging right before I want to hit my B at the other end.  That makes the a-b completely parallel to the headland passes. 

You do not need to pause and it might be alot going on for your first few times, but the feature is there.  Skip (3) if that seems like too much.

(4) Drive all the way around back to where you started and if you get right to it, it will automatically finish the headland and generate the next headland pass.  You can also manual finish, but it will draw a straight line from where you are to where you started. 

You MUST set you internal pattern (a-b, A+, whatever) before you finish your headland or it won't let you finish.  I've forgotten to push the B and it is frustrating.  Also there are 2 ways to get you infill lines after you finish your headland passes.  Manual and auto.  In auto it will switch anytime you drive far enough off the headland to where you would be able to do more coverage.  This mode can be annoying, because sometimes when doing your headland on an inside curve you make a circle out in the field and it will switch before you have all the headlands done and it does not switch back to headland very easy.  I run mine in manual.  You have to switch it with a button push, but have the lines you want when you want them.  My first year for my 500 I was so mad that I couldn't get my internal lines.  There was nothing in the operators manual.  I accidentally figured it out after I made a few circles a few fields into my first year.

Edited by arcticcatfarmer 6/13/2013 06:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)