AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jumping into Precision-finally
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 6/11/2013 19:36 (#3150409 - in reply to #3149376)
Subject: Re: Jumping into Precision-finally

Morris, IL
My first question is who are you dealing with? Their is an agtalker that post here from straitline ag i've talked to few times and the guys we deal with have some connection to them. Both good guys to deal with.

1. We have an RTK signal (RKX actually) with ezsteer. It's not perfect but not terrible either, it's just little slow getting to line and can have hard time holding line at times. I think the ontrack and ezpiolt would be step above it but i think we all know the intergated is top of line, also it's big $$$. We started with it on WAAS on our ezsteer and just kept going. Now we are planting half our acres strip till, premapping all AB lines and it's just not cutting it anymore. At some point we would like to add a paradyme so i can get rid of everything trimble, cheaper yearly cost, better steering, and better line management for RTK and controlled traffic. You could run a 2500 on RTK from these guys we deal with using same signal paradyme gets (sub 1") with ontrac and it probably wouldn't steer as good as full paradyme but i know for a fact it would be lot better then trimble with ezsteer we have now.

2. For the planter i think all you need is STMM system and all the cables that go along with it. That will give you everything 20/20 will for the most part besides downforce. Downforce sensors are more expensive then STMM system, we have a 4 pin monitor only down pressure system on our planter. If i remember right you have three row electric clutches, i would probably do that before downpressure. Our planter has zero clutches so for us, row clutches are only option and i know that will get expensive.

3. Planting corn i mainly run on the advanced seed monitor page all the time. Now that said i run autosteer with trimble right now but relative with paradyme runs same way i do. With assisted steering and not integrated i could see you wanting to flip back and forth, not a big deal. Keep in mind you can see one feature while in mapping screen so you will know if planter is planting, just won't know if your getting perfect singulation and such until you flip to planter monitor page.

4. As far as Integra being phased out. I though that way, but like someone else said if you wait you will never buy. Also with agleader they still support the older systems. Actually besides the autosteer unlock with trimble, the insight can still run everything it once did. Agleader came out with new system for little more processing power and such for advanced seed and such. So in 5 year if they go to the Integra 2, if you are happy with what the integra can do you can run it for as long as you want.

I would push for 2500 on RTK, i really wasn't happy with steering on planter until i got to RTK. Omnistar drifted more then i liked and took to long to get up and going if i got under a tree or something, maybe i'm more picky then most i don't know. Tillage with WAAS works fine, omnistar was better but i don't like tillage anyway. The tillage we do i would like to be all controlled traffic so need RTK anyway. Hopefully in the next 10 years the only tillage i do is strip till, sidedress, and the once in a while fixing of waterways. I like agleader, i've had 20/20 and still have trimble but as $$$ permit will have agleader in the foreseeable future. Nice thing about stuff is agleader plays nice with raven. A lot of it hooks right in with right cables and adapters. And your combine is CAN which is another plus. Our 7720 had PF3000 for years so i had to switch most of it around. Good luck and have fun Paul.

Edited by NEILFarmer 6/11/2013 19:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)