AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jumping into Precision-finally
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

pbutler
Posted 6/11/2013 07:08 (#3149376)
Subject: Jumping into Precision-finally

Macon, IL
I have been running Cruzer for spraying, and Edge for yeild monitor-but it is finally time to step up to auto-steer. Probably gonna be asking a lot of questions for a while. (And yes, I need to spend a lot of time reading old posts here in the next week)

Really want to go autosteer, section control on sprayer, row control on planter. Plan is to go with Integra display, and either 1500 or 2500 reciever and necessary modules.

Been doing a lot of reading and have pretty much decided to go all AgLeader-price/local support guy and comfortable with what I have seen and the edge was a really stable good starter unit-but I need a few opinions/questions answered outside of sales channel from guys who have used it.

1) Main planter tractor sprayer is Deere 4640-steering is good and tight now. I would like RTK but really don't want to pay the annual subscription-don't do striptilling-now.... BUT with the OnTrac being steering wheel dirve would it even be accurate enough to justify going from WAAS to OmniStar-and the associated reciever upgrade?

2) I have the old JD Dickey John blinky light planter monitor-would of course want to use the Integra now-I can't seem to find an answer would I need to upgrade wiring harness and seed tube sensors? If so what do you recommend?

3) Going to Integra I think I could dump row clutch switchbox, 440, and planter monitor and Cruizer and just have 1 to do it all. How is it using one screen for planter monitor and GPS Guidance-or sprayer control and GPS guidance? Do you find yourself flipping back and forth constantly? Is that annoying? Was planning at one time on a 20/20 but if I am buying integra not sure I can afford to buy both-and would be nice to have a lot less cab clutter.

Add:
4) Salesman tells me integra is the go forward strategy for years...I am skeptical-seems it has been out a couple and about time for a new "Integra 2" or something. Don't want to be stuck with something immediately old-like I did with the Edge.

Edited by pbutler 6/11/2013 07:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)