AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

E ON Weathermen
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

RCD
Posted 6/10/2013 08:51 (#3147764 - in reply to #3147643)
Subject: RE: E ON Weathermen

West Central Iowa
I cut hay here in Iowa based on the forecast at 6 AM the morning I cut. Even though weathermen are not perfect, I figured that mostly sunny with temps in the 70's for three days would get the hay pretty close. The rain was supposed to start around 10 PM on day three and I was planning to bale on day three in the afternoon.

Well..............mostly sunny ended up meaning the sun was out about 20% of the time and the 70's never materialized and ended up in the upper 60's. The rain started at around noon as opposed to 10 PM. The silver lining of the whole deal is that when it started raining the hay had not really dried at all. The bigger problem is that today is day 5 since I cut, it is still foggy, and the hay is probably wetter than the day I cut it.

Not really complaining because I know that if a guy has hay, it will eventually get rained on. I would probably rather be in your boat though as I really dislike mine getting rained on and am now just trying to make the best of a poor situation.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)