AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Glonaas + Waas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Albertafarmer1
Posted 6/9/2013 15:17 (#3146070 - in reply to #3146042)
Subject: RE: Glonaas + Waas

EC Alberta
Hello Sasksodbuster

I have been chatting with Raven as well as a few others about this same thing. I posted about this yesterday with what I have been told, what I have found, and what the manual says. The post is titled "connecting a Trimble receiver to a Raven field computer" you may find some useful info in there. When I talked with Raven tech support on Friday (after 30 minutes waiting on hold") I really didn't learn a bloody thing. The only thing that the tech said was there is a GLONASS activation key ($950 approx.) and the receiver will track GLONASS satellites, but only take correction from one of them. Then the field computer uses the WAAS correction, and the single GLONASS correction and uses that info to calculate actual position. clear as mud? But then the tech told me that no testing has been done blah, blah, blah, and wasn't sure if it would even be worthwhile trying. Given the post from yesterday a read, you may find some info in there, maybe not ( it is just a few topics below this one in precision talk) If you do find anything out I would be grateful if you shared it.

Thanks and good luck
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)