AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Connecting Trimble Reviever to a Raven field computer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Amc4life
Posted 6/8/2013 15:42 (#3144238 - in reply to #3144217)
Subject: Re: Connecting Trimble Reviever to a Raven field computer

Butterfield, MN
I can answer at least some of the questions. It wouldn't be a bad idea to try the Glonass update. WAAS will not be able to use these sats, but you can switch over to using autonomous GL1DE mode instead. This means that you would not use a correction satellite at all, but the differential correction would be generated internally. I have a coworker who's dad did this (just running on GL1DE instead of WAAS, no Glonass sats), and said that the results were at least as good as WAAS.
You can run the steering update for your nodes through a USB drive plugged into your Envizio Pros, but I don't really see the advantage, since everything seems to be steering decently when your GPS is good.
You could definitely try a Trimble or other receiver plugged into the system, but I'm not sure your situation would improve. One fear I have about your whole situation is something I learned in a GPS class. If you are far enough north, there are times when satellites from the other side of the earth will be visible from over the north pole. When these become visible to your GPS receiver when they should not be, it becomes confused and messes up the correction. I've obviously never seen this where I am, but it may be possible where you are. I'm not sure if one receiver vs. another would be able to filter these other sats out? Maybe someone else has some information about this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)