AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble or ag leader steering
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 6/2/2013 16:29 (#3133741 - in reply to #3133654)
Subject: Re: Trimble or ag leader steering

Morris, IL
Have agleader integra for planter monitor and yield monitor. Right now i'm feeding GPS from trimble FM750 and will be till at least end of the year. Might/hopefully add a paradyme for next spring to go in planting tractor. Relative has a integra and paradyme that we put in strip till tractor we own 50/50. It's got the hydraulic valve and everything. The entire system just works so nice strip tilling and in their planter tractor. So much easier to use, so much more accurate, cheaper yearly cost then FM 750. I though i would at least give it a chance planting on the strips and such but it's just not cutting it. With agleader i don't think it really matters what tractor your trying to steer. Strip till tractor is a CIH MX285, we have another CIH 8940 that i'm told we can put a hydraulic valve in as well, relatives planted this year with a JD 7430. Neighbor has same setup in a couple of newer challengers.

I don't know much about the geosteer, not much help their. I had a guy tell me maybe few months ago that the paradyme is still going to be the cadillac steering system from agleader. Also dealer was telling me they don't interchange very easily with paradyme. So to run our strip till tractor with geosteer would require bunch of different cables and such where if we added a second paradyme it would all plug and play. At least that is what i was told when they came and calibrated the MX285 last fall, maybe that has changed now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)