AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 6620 SideHill hyd. header accumulator nitogen charging tooling
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

BHTN
Posted 6/1/2013 09:52 (#3130985 - in reply to #3129676)
Subject: RE: JD 6620 SideHill hyd. header accumulator nitogen charging tooling

West Tennessee
Our 9610 combine needs charging about every 1 and a years. It's really tough to get it done here because it about has to be done in the field. The dealership here doesn't have a gauge on the charge side of the system (only on the tank side). It's a bit of a guessing game to get it right and to be honest we aren't the best service customers so it's tough to get someone out. When the charge gets low the head bounces hard all the time and is pretty frustrating to run. A new accumulator is over $1,500 and no guarantee how long it will last. I did some checking last year and there were going to be some issues and costs involved with getting a tank. You can't buy the nitrogen tank here so there would be rent every year on that. In the end we figured we wouldn't save any money vs. having the dealer do it but we could handle it ourselves at our convenience. I like the looks of the charging setup and I'm sure that's about what the dealer would use. I'd like to hear back as to how this works out for you if you do decide to purchase it. Sorry I'm not any more help than that.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)