AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what would you do?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Fingers77
Posted 5/31/2013 20:38 (#3130084 - in reply to #3130011)
Subject: Re: what would you do?

It may be free. I know that last year VRS went down one afternoon while planting. They gave me a temporary unlock for RTX that allowed me to keep going that lasted a week? A few days, I don't remember. But either way it was done as a 'trial' so it was free.

Are they your normal precision ag dealer? Do you do much business with them? If you do, they should eat anything such as that as a cost of doing business with you. They can unload that monitor any time they want to. Anyone would buy it.

I am sure I will get commented on for saying this, but this sort of thing is exactly why I am glad that we have a Trimble only dealer, not a CaseIH dealer.

Let's face it, precision ag is more of a side business rather than a core business moreso the way a Trimble dealer is. They sell the precision ag stuff because they sell the tractors and combines they go in. I know this for a fact that some dealerships have this philosophy. I know it is also a CaseIH philosophy. There are dealers that may argue this point, and there are many CaseIH dealers that have good support, but those are few and far between. I reall wish CaseIH would change their corporate stance on Precision AG.

These are not baseless statements. Based on my presonal experiences both with CaseIH dealerships and Trimble only dealerships. If CaseIH dealerships are supposed to be on the ball and on par with Trimble dealers, then why did I have to forward information about a tractor we were having trouble with to my CaseIH dealer about an update they knew nothing about, much less could not find on their own. I had to be the go between to tell my CaseIH dealer where and what the update was about so they could update the tractor. Really annoying!! And they are supposed to be a precision ag dealer.

One point to reaffirm what I have said is why do these dealerships sell Trimble products when they sell the products that mother Case makes? The products are in direct competition in most applications. How can a dealer in good faith recommend one product over another? It is twice as much information for their techs to know. Plus all of the interfaces.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)